Thursday, January 12, 2012

Amtrak ..

So my mom lives 9 hours away and it's hard to not see her often so we try to plan something every other month or so. She got me and Kaylee a train ticket to go up to see her. We leave the 11th of January!
Well Johnny took us to the train station at 11:45pm on Tuesday. I was kinda nervous because I had never been on a train and also having to do this by myself with an almost 8 month old didn't sound fun. So the train was late about 30 minutes and when it got there I had a really bad panic attack before getting on and couldn't breath. Lol thank God Johnny calmed me down. I didn't like how small it was and I just felt like I couldn't breathe the whole time. We got on and I got Kaylee back to sleep and I was able to close my eyes for a few. Kaylee woke up a few time and was awake by 7:00am happy! (thank goodness) We played and she got sleepy fast. The train ride was not fun at all. There was a sick family in front of me the the little girls maybe 2 and 4 were trying to play with Kaylee, fine right? Well no, they were coughing in her face and I had to act like a "B" word (how I felt I looked) and cover her face because they weren't. They woukd be playing super loud when I was trying to get Kaylee asleep, she is hard to put down as it is! Ahhhhhgg I didn't know where to get food and had to pee holding her! Gah! I wanted fresh air so bad so when we stopped I went to go out for a min and about 10 people were standing there AT THE DOOR smoking!!!!! Are you kidding me!? Now I CAN'T being her out OR get fresh air... Ahhhhh so annoying. Well 14ish hours later and lots of tunnels that I couldn't breath in, we made it to me moms!! I NEVER want to get on a train again and feel trapped like that! So thank goodness my mom is refunding those bad boys (tickets) and Johnny will pick me up at my grandmas!! He will leave after work Monday night and we will get home Tuesday's.. Bless his heart he is such a good help when I have a melt down and he saves the day knowing I don't have to get back on!! :)
Anyway, here are the pictures of our trip:
This is Izzy before we left. I think she knew we were leaving her behind! :( poor baby!
Getting ready for the trip!
Daddy and Kaylee!

Johnny took this. It was right as I got on the train and was still having a panic attack. You can tell I don't look happy!

Kaylee out!! :) (right when we got on the train)
Kaylee banging on the window! :) She really liked looking out!


Lots of snow! really pretty!
Kaylee playing! We were lucky to not have anyone sit next to us! So she was able to sit here and play.
Last nap before we got off the train!



No comments:

Post a Comment